This #BringingInnovation shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Do you have batteries on your grocery list? I had AA batteries when I went shopping and was pleasantly surprised to find a new and “green” battery, the new Energizer EcoAdvanced Batteries at Walmart. These batteries are right up this green mamas alley! I probably shouldn’t be this excited about a battery…but I totally am! They are the first battery on the market to use recycled batteries/materials #BringingInnovation.
This new Energizer EcoAdvanced is “Energizer’s longest lasting alkaline ever”and holds up to 12 years in storage. As an eco-conscious shopper I love seeing a huge company like Energizer leading the way to making the marketplace a greener place with these innovative batteries.
I found the new Energizer EcoAdvanced Batteries in the electronic section of Walmart. They had the AA and AAA batteries. Which is great for my family because we go through AA batteries at a decent rate with my 3 boys and their video game controllers and toys like remote control cars. I am thrilled to finally have an eco-friendly option!
I really do get excited when I find new eco-friendly products to add to my shopping list and make my shopping trips greener! You can also make a few small changes to your shopping routine to make each trip more eco-friendly. I am sharing 5 simple changes you can make to be a more responsible and eco-conscious shopper.
Here are five easy things you can do to make grocery shopping greener.
- Use reusable bags and totes. Just say no to disposable grocery bags. I prefer to use a fabric tote with a hard bottom. I have had several cashiers and baggers tell me they prefer the tote too. Don’t forget to get reusable produce bags too; you can even make reusable produce bags out of old t-shirts.
- Select products that say they are USDA Organic Certified or non-GMO Project Verified.
- Look for products that are reusable instead of one time use products. For instance, instead of buying a 24 pack of water buy a stainless steel bottle.
- Choose products packaged responsibly by the manufacture. When possible buy dry goods like; beans, rice, coffee in bulk or look for products packaged in recyclable materials.
- When possible choose products made from recycled materials like the NEW Energizer EcoAdvanced battery.
These small changes will make your life greener, as well as, send a message to businesses to grow a more environmentally sustainable marketplace. If more shoppers are buying green, fair trade, organic, and products made from recycled materials companies will take notice. More and more eco-friendly products will become available and the prices will most likely lower as well.
I’d love to hear your tips! Leave a comment sharing your eco-friendly shopping tips.
Enter the GuiltFreeEnergy Giveaway – $1,000 in Gift Cards
This giveaway is open US, 18+ only. The giveaway will end at 11:59 pm ET on 04/10
Disclosure: I received compensation for this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. rays of bliss is not responsible for sponsors who do not fulfill prize obligations.