This post has been sponsored by Earth911. All opinions are my own.
Providing a safe and healthy environment for my children is the main reason I made the decision to live a green lifestyle. For me personally, I started to second think every purchase I made because of my children. My standards for products and food raised once I factored my child would be exposed to it. When I started this lifestyle I was overwhelmed with all the changes I needed to make and I relied on information from the internet and resources like Earth911, they have been a trusted source of eco-friendly news and information for 20 years.
One of the best tips I can give anyone wanting to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle is to utilize responsible and eco-conscious businesses, like Earth911’s YouChange™ marketplace. YouChange™ marketplace has done the hard work for you by vetting the most sustainable products for your everyday living.
You can confidently purchase products for your home and family from YouChange™ marketplace because their team team carefully selects products from companies providing the most eco-friendly products available from baby to household items to clothing and everything in-between. They really want to help you live a more environmentally responsible life.
If you desire to become a green parent finding a reliable place to purchase your products is a great start but you will also need to start making healthy choices involving food, diapers, toys, soaps, cleaning supplies used and more . I provided a few tips for eco-friendly parenting and I suggest to tackle one area at a time and go at your own pace.
A few tips are specific to babies but remember it is never to late to make changes to benefit your child and home.
- Shopping from reliable and trusted stores– By shopping at a trusted and eco-conscious stores, like YouChange, you will easily find eco-friendly products to support your green lifestyle.
- Eco-friendly Diapering– You can make a huge impact on the environment by opting for cloth diapers or disposable diapers made from natural and eco-friendly materials. Reduces your baby’s exposure to chemicals found in traditional disposable diapers by opting for modern and easy to use cloth diapers.
- GroVia Cloth Diapers is what makes up most of my cloth diaper stash.
- Bath & Skin Care– Remember what you put on your body goes into your body. Choose products made with natural and organic ingredients.
- Healthy Diet- Choose certified organic and non-GMO foods. You can greatly reduce your child’s exposure to pestisides by selecting organic foods. If you have a a little one you can consider making homemade baby food from organic produce to save money.
- Toxic-free Tableware- Eliminate unsafe plastics from your feeding supplies in your kitchen. Choose bpa-free plastics, glass or stainless steel safe bottles, sippy cups, plates and utensils for your child to eat with.
- I have a collection of stainless steel plates and Re-Play recycled tableware sets.
- Safe & Non-Toxic Cleaning Supplies– Replace cleaning products with eco-friendly and non-toxic options or make your own.
By making these changes you will be providing a healthier and less toxic environment for your children and at the same time doing good for the Earth! The small changes you make will make a big difference. You have the power to create real world change one purchase decision at a time, and YouChange has made it easier for you to do so.
Earth911’s YouChange™ goal is to promote sustainable and ethical consumption, making it easy for consumers to ‘vote’ with their dollars.
Learn more about Earth911 and YouChange HERE.
Connect with Earth911 on:
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.