We all know what the best part about Super Bowl is getting together with family and friends and eating wonderful game day food, oh yeah, and the commercials, boy do I love Super Bowl commercials! This Super Bowl Sunday, try keep to your yummy snacks organic and non-GMO. Did you know 85 percent of corn – yes, that means corn tortilla chips – is genetically modified? Luckily, Que Pasa products are made from only the highest quality ingredients and nothing artificial.
Que Pasa Organic Tortilla Chips: these gluten-free chips are cut from authentic tortillas and made by stone grinding whole kernel corn into “masa” between volcanic lava stones. They come in red, white, blue and yellow corn varieties.
Que Pasa Organic Salsas: Made with fresh vine-ripened whole tomatoes, onions, chipotle and jalapeno peppers, garlic, cilantro and other herbs and spices in uniquely authentic Mexican recipes. Comes in Chipotle, Mexicana Medium and Mexicana Mild flavors.
My family loves Que Pasa Red Corn Tortilla Chips and flavorful salsa. The Red Corn Tortillas are a little sweet because of the sugar beet juice, which also gives it that beautiful color!
If you are wanting to set out something a little more fancy than chips and salsa, here are TWO recipes from Que Pasa perfect for game day!
- 1 cup corn kernels
- · 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp each cumin, salt and pepper
- Toss corn with black beans, red pepper, red onion and cilantro.
- Stir in lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1 cup spicy hummus
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Que Pasa Carnival Tortilla Chips
- Stir guacamole with tomatillo salsa until smooth; set aside.
- To each individual cup (about 2/3 cup to 3/4 cup glass), layer in 2 tbsp each spicy hummus, 2 tbsp guacamole mixture, 1 tbsp sour cream and 1 tbsp salsa. Garnish with 1 tbsp cheese and some cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Tip: Substitute Cheddar cheese for the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Substitute regular hummus or roasted pepper hummus for a milder version.
- Calories per serving (1 prepared cup): 185
- · Fat: 14.5g
- · Cholesterol: 11mg
- · Sodium: 414mg
- · Carbohydrates: 10.5g
- · Fibre: 5g
- · Sugar: 1.5g
- · Protein: 5g
Find Que Pasa Mexican Foods in stores now. Learn more about Que Pasa products on their website HERE.
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post and received the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.