One of my goals this new year is to make my mornings run more smoothly. I was looking for breakfast foods I could precook and heat up in the morning and saw several people suggesting making breakfast muffins. My son is a bacon freak so I came up with this Bacon Cornbread Muffin recipe and my family just loves them! I used organic maple syrup instead of sugar to add sweetness to the cornbread. By using organic maple syrup you will get vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, what a great way to start your day! You could also use organic honey instead but I prefer the bacon and maple syrup combination.
For this recipe I use Pamela’s Gluten Free Cornbread & Muffin Mix, 12 Ounce Bag and pour my batter into a mini cupcake pan. One bag makes 48 mini cornbread muffins! I make them on Sunday and put in the refrigerator, but they can be frozen too if you do not plan to eat them within 2-3 days.
- 1 bag gluten free cornbread mix (I used Pamela's Cornbread & Muffin Mix 12oz bag)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 8 TBSP butter (1 stick) or butter substitute, melted
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup of shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 6-8 pieces of cooked and crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cook and crumble 6-8 pieces of bacon.
- Melt butter.
- In medium bowl, combine cornbread mix, syrup, melted better, eggs and water.
- Mix shredded cheese and crumbled bacon into the batter.
- Pour batter into muffin tin or cupcake liner and fill to top.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as my family is! Keep a look out for more gluten free breakfast muffin recipes soon.
This recipe was shared on: Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Allergy-Free Wednesday, The Wednesday Roundup, Gluten Free Fridays, The Creative Collection, Real Food Recipe Roundup, Showcase Your Talent Thursday,
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.