Looking for a soft and chewy peanut butter cookie? I have the perfect cookie recipe for you! The secret ingredient is the vanilla pudding mix. I use an easy homemade pudding mix; 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract but you can you use a store bought 3.4 ounce box I if you do have cornstarch or don’t want to make it.
The pudding mix makes cookies wonderfully soft and chewy. They also hold their shape better and make much prettier cookies, in my opinion.
For this cookie I used white chocolate chips and it goes great with the peanut butter. I like a subtle peanut butter flavor so if you like more pb flavor add a little more pb to your mix.
- 1 package of vanilla pudding mix or homemade vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter peanut butter and sugars. Mix well.
- Add pudding mix, egg and vanilla into mixture.
- In another bowl combine flour, xantham gum, salt, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fold white chocolate chips in to mixture.
- Drop by tablespoon onto cookie batter onto baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Homemade vanilla pudding mix: 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.