You can make your Easter a little Greener with simple steps and choices. Here is a list of 5 ways to have a more Eco-Friendly & Natural Easter this year.
1. Natural Egg Dyes
Avoid the chemicals in most egg dye kits and use natural and plant based dyes. You can use cabbage, onion skins, blueberries, and other plants and spices to dye your eggs!
2. Avoid Plastics
- Use wicker or metal baskets instead of the plastic ones. They also hold up better over time and do not contain the chemicals plastic baskets do. My son is 7 and we are still using his wicker basket from his 1st Easter!
- Skip the Cellophane Easter grass, which cannot go into the recycling bin. Instead use shredded paper, fabrics, tissue paper….
- If you prefer plastic eggs maybe reuse the ones from last year or opt for Eco Eggs. Eco eggs are made in the USA from plants, 100% renewable content, and are fully compostable after use. They are made from non-toxic, durable plastic and have a tight snapping closure.
3.. Natural & Organic Treats
Here are a few good options:
- Organic Fruits or Vegetables….Carrots!
- YumEarth Organic Candy. They offer gummy bears, sour beans, lollipops, fruit snacks.
- Annie’s Homegrown Organic Snacks. They offer fruit snacks,Chocolate Chips Bunny Grahams, Chocolate Bunny Grahams, Honey Bunny Grahams, Cheddar Bunnies Crackers.
- Lake Champlain Organic Milk Chocolate Hoppin’ Bunny
4. Eco Friendly Toys
I know when you are putting together a basket for a special kid you may want to add a toy. Here are some good options:
- Green Toys Sand Play Set, Green Toys Eco Saucer, or Green Toys Jump Rope
- eco-kids Natural Plant Dye Modeling Dough
- Veggie Sidewalk Chalk for Kids Arts and Crafts
- Save your Easter Baskets and Plastic Eggs to be used again next year.
- Compost the shells of your Easter eggs after you eat them.
What ways do you plan on having a more Eco-Friendly & Natural Easter?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.