I’m sharing a perfect bite size treat that is sure to please any chocolate lover, Gluten-Free Fudgy Mini Brownie Bites! My son made a special request for brownies in his lunchbox this year and I was happy to oblige. Apparently, he did not want my classic brownies but a mini cupcake version, talk about particular!
I decided to make him fudgy mini brownie bites with chocolate chips melted down in the batter, which give the brownies a great fudgy taste!
These brownies are fudgy, moist and just plain delicious; really everyone loves them… what’s not to love! My recipe makes exactly 1 pan if you use a mini cupcake pan an fill them 3/4 full. Mini cupcake pans are perfect to make brownie bites and are a great lunchbox snack. Theses mini brownie bites are good to store refrigerated for 5 days and mine usually last all week, as long as I keep my husband from eating them! Okay, I’m guilty of eating several too! Perhaps, make an extra batch just to safe.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt butter in a medium size heat-safe bowl in microwave or on stove top in saucepan.
- Once melted, Add chocolate chips, cocoa powder, sugar, eggs (one at a time), and vanilla to mixture.
- Add gf all-purpose flour, xanthan gum and salt to mix until mixture is smooth. Continue to mix for another minute to ensure the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the mini cupcake pan, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Brownie bites will keep for about 5 days in the refrigerator. They also freeze well if stored properly.