This year my son wanted a Minecraft Creeper Valentine’s Day Box for his class party. I did not want to paint or cut out hundreds of different colored squares. I’m pretty sure painting or gluing that many squares would drive me crazy! So to save my sanity I made the box using a free printout for a DIY Minecraft Creeper costume along with free Minecraft Valentines printable. It took me less than 30 minutes to make this box and it looks “AWESOME!!!” according to my boys. If you want to make a Creeper Head box, this is the easy way. If you really enjoy painting or cutting and gluing hundreds of little squares, then go right ahead but for me, I’m sticking with the printouts.
- Square or almost square box. (mine has squarish and about 10 inches tall)
- Tape (I used mailing tape)
- Tape your box shut if needed and cut a nice size slot on the top. (I made mine large enough for my son’s arm to fit in.)
- From STLMotherhood download and print the printable creeper mask in color.
- Cut the white borders off the printout and taped them together like really expensive wrapping paper.
- You’ll tape together the face and FOUR sides. (And overlap the paper–I overlapped by a full square.)
- OR Cut the whtie borders and tape to each side of the box, one side at a time, overlap by a full square, then tape and repeat.
- For the top with the slot I had to cut and piece. But It still looked good because of the colored squares.
- I printed 1 extra sheet (page 2) to cover the bottom.
- From HaleGrafx download and print Free Printable Minecraft Valentines in color.
- I used the Be MINECRAFT Valeninte on the top. I cut out the heart and words to fit.
- I taped the 3 other Valentines on the non-Creeper Face sides.
FREE MINECRAFT VALENTINE’S DAY PRINTABLES:
- From HaleGrafx: Free Printable Minecraft Valentines
- From Cute as a Fox: Free Printable Minecraft Valentines
- From Over the Moon:
- From Simple as That: PRINTABLE MINECRAFT VALENTINES WITH CREEPER GUM WRAPPERS
- From A Grand Life: Free Printable Minecraft Valentine’s Day Cards
- From ChicaCircle: BE MINEcraft Valentines Candy Wrapper Printable
I’m really happy with my son’s box and he is thrilled. It was really easy to make (my favorite kind of craft) and my son will still want to play with it after Valentine’s Day!
What kind of Valentine’s Day Box is your child taking?