One of the first ways I started using my oils was to help me and my boys fall asleep. I truly believe in the power of lavender to help at bedtime! I originally put a few drops behind our ears and on the back of our necks but now I have made a bedtime spray. This spray works great and easier to use!
I made a couple different labels for the bottle so you can use them! My boys like the Monster Be Gone Label!
- Small Spray Bottle (4 0z)
- Distilled Water
- 1 1/2 Tbl Witch Hazel or vodka
- 6-10 Drops Various Essential Oils
- Fill the bottle with water and the witch hazel into the spray bottle and shake. The witch hazel will help the essential oils to disperse evenly and not settle at the bottom.
- Add your Essential Oils and shake gently.
- Shake before each use.
- Spray the air, bed, pillow, sheets, windows, favorite stuffed animal…
For my spray blend I usually do 10 drops of Lavender but there are so many blends you can make! Here are 2 popular blends.
Essential Oil Blend Recipes for bedtime spray:
- Geranium 3 drops
- Lavender 3 drops
- Lavender 3 drops
- Wild Orange 3 drops
- Chamomile 2 drops (optional)
Other Oils Good for Sleep/Relaxing:
- Clary Sage-Relieves stress, helps balance hormones, promotes restful night’s sleep.
- Bergamot-Helps to relieve anxiousness & balance emotions.
- Roman Chamomile-Calms your stomach & nerves-especially effective in children.
- Frankincense-Promotes calmness, relaxation & deep breathing for staying healthy.
What’s Your favorite essential oils to use for bedtime or bedtime spray recipe?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose,treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Check out my other DIY post to find out what other products you can be making in your home to save money and reduce your exposure to chemicals.