This is super a moist cake and the perfect amount of chocolate flavor for me. I prefer a subtle chocolate flavor rather then a dark chocolate. This is perfect with a milk chocolate icing.
Gluten-free Chocolate Cupcakes
Write a review
- 2 1/4 cups Gluten Free Flour (All Purpose or Pastry Flour) I use Sun Mills Pastry Flour (GF).
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven 350°
- Mix all dry ingredients. GF Flour, baking soda, baking powder, xantham gum, cocoa and sugar.
- Add softened butter, oil and vanilla.
- Add milk, water and eggs to mixture. Mix well.
- Pour batter in cupcake cups until cup is 3/4 full. I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely then frost and sprinkles.
- This recipe can be used for cakes or cupcakes. This recipe will make approximately 2 dozen cupcakes.
Rays of Bliss http://www.raysofbliss.com/