My family has been eating gluten free for 6 years now and I have finally found a recipe that produces perfect fluffy pancakes every time! I have tried several pancake mixes and gluten free flours and the Sun Flour Mills Gluten Free Pastry Flour makes the best pancakes in my experience.
I make pancakes almost every Sunday before church so this recipe has been tested a lot!
This recipe is a modified version from Sun Flour Mills’ website. These Pancakes are Gluten and Dairy Free.
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup Gluten Free Sun Flour Mills Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 Large egg
- 2 Tbsp oil ( I use olive oil)
- 1 Tbsp of maple syrup
- First you will mix the almond milk and vinegar in a small bowl. Let it stand for at least 3 minutes.
- Mix all your dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xantham gum, in a large bowl.
- Add your milk and vinegar to mixture.
- Add egg, then oil and last maple syrup.
- note: measure oil first then syrup. By doing this the oil residue in measuring spoon helps the syrup not stick to spoon.
- Cook your pancakes on low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes, you will see bubbles form and then pop around the edges. When bubbles are at the edge it is time to flip.
- Cook the other side until golden and remove.