Sausage Balls are a signature snack for most my families parties. My mom makes them every Christmas morning and we have them at all our Showers (bridal or baby). Not wanting my husband to miss out on all the wonderfulness of the Sausage Balls (because he cannot have gluten) I always make him his own batch. Yes, I know…I’m an awesome wife!
Important Note: Be careful when purchasing your sausage if you do have a gluten intolerance. Some sausages use gluten or high MSG which can bother those with a gluten intolerance. I used Jimmy Dean All Natural Sausage. It says Gluten Free and No MSG added on the label.
- 1 pound of Gluten-Free Sausage
- 2 cups of Gluten-Free Baking Mix ( GF Bisquick or Pamela’s work good.)
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined
- Scoop with tablespoon and roll into a ball and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until brown
- *The GF Bisquick is a lot finer then regular Bisquick so mixing may take longer then expected. I find using both hands to mix works best. You may even have little baking mix left at the bottom of the bowl that just won’t mix in. That is ok!