I had seen recipes for vanilla pudding chocolate chip cookies on Pinterest for a while. I knew people said these were the best, most soft and chewy cookies they had ever had and I had to admit the pictures always looked good but I think most cookie pictures look really good! Foolishly, I doubted the power of the vanilla pudding and just pinned the beautiful looking cookies along with many other recipes I never planned to actually make.
Another, reason I didn’t care to try the magical vanilla pudding cookie recipe is because my family tries to eat organic and non-gmo and I figured I wouldn’t be able to find a vanilla pudding for my needs. Guess what? I found an organic vanilla pudding! When I saw it at the whole foods store a light bulb went off and I recalled the legend of pudding cookies.
I used Dr. Oetker Organic Pudding Mix (Amazon Affiliate Link). Side Note: I also discovered making pudding from scratch is pretty darn easy, 3 ingredients in fact. Who knew….not me! I purchased organic cornstarch and will be making my own organic pudding mix. I use this recipe for pudding; 1/2 cup white sugar, 3 tablespoons cornstarch and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Everything you have ever heard about Vanilla Pudding Cookie recipes are true! They make the softest and chewiest chocolate chips cookies EVER! My family was so impressed with my cookies they told me this is the last chocolate chip cookie I would ever have to try (I am always trying new chocolate chip cookie recipes). This is the recipe I use for chocolate chips cookies now and forever…really it’s that good!
So if you are like me and put off trying this recipe for whatever reason, take my word for it, you want to make it as soon as possible. HURRY, go to the grocery store now and grab yourself a pack of pudding!
- Gluten Free Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies2015-01-26 15:02:43Write a reviewIngredients
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cups butter (softened)
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
rays of bliss http://www.raysofbliss.com/
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Mix well.
- Add pudding mix, eggs and vanilla into mixture.
- In another bowl combine flour, xantham gum, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fold chocolate chips in to mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
This post was shared on: Gluten-Free Wednesdays