Can you boil water? If the answer is yes then you have the skills required to make hairspray from home! Not only is it simple to make but it is also inexpensive and made with natural ingredients you probably already have in your home. By making your own hairspray you will be avoiding all the nasty chemicals found in store bought hairsprays.
I honestly do not wear hairspray very often but when I do I want to use a product that is natural and non-toxic. What better way to know exactly what I’m putting on my hair then by making those products myself. I discovered how easy it is to make a homemade & natural hairspray and best of all it works great! Now I’m sharing how simple it is to make hairspray with you and of course a cute label to go on your bottle because I love to make cute labels for everything!
- 1 cup water
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon high proof alcohol like vodka
- 10 drops essential oil of your preference
- Recommended essential oils: Geranium essential oil, Lavender essential oil, Peppermint essential oil, Rosemary essential oil and Clary Sage essential oil. Avoid citrus oils (Lemon, Lime...) as they can lighten your hair if exposed to UV light.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water.
- Bring water to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove saucepan from heat and cool.
- Add essential oil and high proof alcohol to sugar water.
- Pour cooled sugar water mixture into an 8 oz fine mist spray bottle.
- Shake well before each use.
- Customize this recipe for the perfect hold for you: Use more or less sugar depending on how strong you want the hold to be.
- Add any combination of the essential oils recommended as long as the drops equal 10. (2 of each recommened essential oil, 8 of one + 2 of another...)
Free Printable for hairspray bottle. 2 labels per sheet one 8oz and 4oz.
- Print, cut and tape on to the bottle. You can use shipping/mailing tape or print on sticker project paper.
Pretty simple, right? I hope this inspires you to kick store bought hairspray (and all their yucky chemicals) to the curb and give this simple and natural DIY recipe a try!
Check out my other DIY post to find out what other products you can be making in your home to save money and reduce your exposure to chemicals.
Want to learn more about how to get the best price on the best essential oils? Contact me HERE.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose,treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
All printables and downloads designed by rays of bliss are for PERSONAL USE ONLY. Please do not alter or claim as your own. This file is not intended for resale, nor are the printed versions of this file. Feel free to link back to www.raysofbliss.com if you like our printables.