For the favor bags I wanted to include a couple of DIY crafts. I decided to go with a lego figure crayon and a lego block soap! They were a huge hit and super easy to make!
I used a snack baggie for my favors and stapled on a Lego Ninjago Thank You for Coming Printable.
Here is the Printable with 4 per page for FREE:
You will need to buy the molds to make these party favors. You can also make candy figures with them!
I purchased my silicon molds from Amazon. (This is an affiliate link.)
Lego Minfigure Crayon
These were so easy to make! It took one crayon (wax) per minifigure mold and about 3 crayons for block mold.
- Remove wrapper from crayon. (You can soak in water for 10 minutes to make removal easier.)
- Break crayons into small pieces to fit into mold.
- You will need to sit your silicon mold onto a baking sheet to make it easy put in and remove from oven.
- Bake them in the oven at 225° degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove carefully from oven to avoid liquid crayon spilling out.
- Let your crayons harden by either cooling down at room temperature or put them in the freezer for about 10 minutes. (I am impatient so I went with freezer option)
Lego Blocks Soap
These were a little more work then the crayons but still super easy! You will need to make a trip to your crafty store and buy: Clear glycerince soap base, special coloring for soap, and optional special glitter or fragrance for soap.
- Cut soap base into small squares. I did my soaps in 4 batches.
- Put first batch into microwave safe measuring cup.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Then 10 seconds intervals until completely melted.
- Stir in the color imeditely after removing from microvave. DO NOT WAIT or soap will begin to harden inside cup.
- Blue 6 drops,
- Red 12 drops
- Yellow 3 drops
- Green= 3 drops Yellow + 6 drops Blue
- Optional *Stir in a few drops of fragrance and glitter. (I used a few drops of Lavender essential oil.)
- Pour very carefully into molds.
- To help remove air bubbles mist the top of the soaps with alcohol in a spray bottle.
- Let the soap sit 30 minutes- 1 hour or until completely cool
- I moved mine to the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to speed this up.
- Once cooled gently press the molds and the soaps will pop right out!
The boys wanted some for their restroom of course. They really look awesome!
For the favor bags I added little labels to the soap and crayons. I simple cut up cardstock paper, hand wrote, “Lego Crayon” and “Lego Soap” and tied it on with ribbon. I wanted to make sure everyone knew it was not candy!
You can check out my other DIY Lego Ninjago Post:
Be sure to check out my other DIY party ideas!